There are many developed treatments for reproductive organs that have been seen in the recent times. People are using sophisticated ways in dealing with various issues concerning fertility. Contraceptives have been on the rise and many women are using the various types of contraceptives for family planning. There are many ways that you can use contraceptives.
Types of contraceptives that are used
- Condoms are one of the main methods that men and women use to prevent sperm from penetrating and meeting with an egg. When the sperm comes into contact with a mature egg then conception will start and for those who don’t want to be pregnant, a condom is a way that you can use to prevent this from happening. Condoms are also used for protecting oneself from sexually transmitted disease in addition to being a contraceptive.
- Pills – these are used by women and they are orally taken every day so that hormones which make a woman fertile can be regulated to prevent this from happening. The egg which will be released will not be fertilized.
- Another contraceptive is the diaphragm which is placed in the cervix to block sperm from getting into the uterus where it can fertilize the egg.
- Contraceptive implants iare placed in the female body and they will regulate the hormones in such a manner that the woman egg will never be fertile.
- A vasectomy is another contraceptive method that is issued on men so that they can’t get females pregnant. This is a surgical procedure which is done on men that prevent sperms from being released during orgasm in men. What happens to sperm after vasectomy is very simple since the pipe that carries the sperm is blocked or cut so that sperm will never escape from the testicles.
Some people ask whether you can run out of sperm when you undergo this treatment procedure. The answer to this is very simple and you should understand that this procedure affect the sperm alone and not the semen. You will continue ejaculating normally but what you will ejaculate is semen without sperm.
What are some of the benefits of a vasectomy?
Many people would wonder what is wrong with having a vasectomy since it seems like a painful procedure to undergo. However for those who don’t want to have children anymore then this is the best contraceptive that you can find it has the following benefits:
- It is permanent, so you don’t have to go back to hospital like other methods of contraceptives, to have it done again. Once it is done it’s done. You will never have to worry about impregnating a woman anymore.
- A vasectomy has no side effects. As compared to other contraceptive methods this is a method which doesn’t have any side effects. You will not even feel pain during ejaculation and you will not have to worry that some sperm can get to the woman.
- The process is very simple and with little pain, so you don’t risk anything for having this procedure.
- It is cheap to conduct this procedure and it can be done in many health facilities that you can find in your area.
There are however some disadvantages that are associated with this procedure that you should be aware of.
Here are some of these disadvantages
- There is a likelihood that you can develop an infection especially if the procedure is done using unsterilized equipment. This can lead to yellow semen during ejaculation which is a sign that your reproductive organ is infected.
- Sometimes it can lead to bleeding especially inside the scrotum if it’s done by a person who is not skilled and experienced.
- Sometimes it can lead to swelling of the reproductive organ which can result into pain of the reproductive system.
- When the blood leaks into the scrotum there is also a chance that it will mix with semen and therefore be a risk to the person who you are having sex with especially if its oral sex.
- Sometimes you may get a bruise after having this procedure done on you. This can lead to chronic pain in your reproductive organ.
- Sometimes if it’s done badly then your partner can be exposed into a risk of getting pregnant.
Those are some of the things that you should know about this surgical contraceptive procedure. If it is done correctly then you can be assured that you will be 100% sure that you can never impregnate a lady. You can be assured of this through having a semen analysis to establish whether there is any sperm present in your semen. It is also important that you know that it is not one of the ways to prevent premature ejaculation and if that is what you are suffering from then you will have to look for appropriate products on how to delay ejaculation.